Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Dear Family!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Wow it's just crazy that Christmas is already here. It's the last one away from everyone!!! Thanks for letting me know about the skype account. I love the user name!! Classic!! I'm still not 100% sure on exactly when we are going to be Skyping. I'm assuming that it will just be on Christmas day around the afternoon/evening but I'm not sure. We are having difficulties finding a computer with a camera on it. The internet cafe we usually go to isn't going to be open on Christmas so we are trying to use some computers that are at the Church. But we will see what happens. When I call you guys I will let you know for sure. Actually I just talked to the others and I guess we are going to be able to do it at the church on Christmas. Elder Duker is going to be starting his at like 3 or 4 in the afternoon and then I'm going to skype you guys whenever he gets done. So I would say that I will be starting my skype session with you guys at like 5 or 5:30. So for you guys that would be around 8 or 8:30. So just make sure your computer is all ready to go by like 8 and then we will just see what happens!
That's awesome that you are going to be going to Lasater's homecoming! You will have to tell him that I say hi. I'm sure he will tell you all about cool stuff in Romania. Oh and I'm sure that Hannah will just give a talk in the coming weeks (muahaha!)
So some things that happened with me this week; I had a pretty awesome exchange with an elder named Elder French! He is from Cedar City, which is cool cause that's just a hop and a skip away from us! He is actually a pretty cool kid too. I'll probably hang out with him a little bit when he get's off the mission (he still has like a year and a half or so). This week we also had a cool opportunity to go to the United States Embassy to go sing! It was a pretty cool act of service... plus they fed us some nice, american food. I got a nice cold Dr. Pepper with some beef stew and potatoes. I also got a root beer and one of those delicious uncrustables pb&j sandwiches that I love so much. It was sooooo good. Plus it was cool to be around some americans.
So this past week we went and saw a MOVIE!! We went and watched Ender's Game. It was such a good movie! Have any of you seen it? I hadn't read the book so I didn't have any expectations for the movie except to just watch it and enjoy. I actually have the book in Romanian that I bought not too long ago. I'll read it eventually! So with the Christmas season our branch did sort of two activities for it. On Saturday we had an activity that was for all the branches in Buch. The missionaries sang carols and the members talked about the life of the savior. After all the singing then Santa Claus came and gave some presents to some of the kids. One thing that is pretty cool that I learned about Romanians is that when the kids go sit on Santa's lap they need to either sing a song or recite a poem in order to get something from Santa. Pretty cool if you ask me! Then the other thing that the branch did was on Sunday instead of having Sunday school we had like a Christmas meal! It was a pot luck sort of thing so everyone brought some food. It was pretty good!
I'm trying to take and send as many pictures as I can. I have a couple of pics to send but I will send those later this week. Ha ha yeah actually for Grigore it's more like going from St. George to Cedar. Or Beaver. Something like that. It was pretty fun to do an exchange with him.  Yeah President Hill sang the Fiddler on the Roof again when we were at the embassy. It was about as funny the second time as it was the first. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! CRACIUN FERICIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment