Friday, July 12, 2013

Monday, July 8, 2013
Bucharest was pretty fun! For the lunch at the meeting the office people looked up some recipes online and tried making some cafe rio pork salad stuff. It was a decent attempt for some good food, but nothing like cafe rio! ha ha yeah we took a train to get there. The train took about 3 hours. I actually really like traveling by trains. It reminds me of Harry Potter! Now they just need those chocolate frogs!  WAAHOO!!! A package is on the way!! I really really love packages. And I guess I will wait until my year mark. maybe . . . But seriously, I can't believe that I am approaching my year mark. That's nuts!! It's amazing how much time has already flown. And I just feel like time isn't going to slow down (yay!). 
Since we were in Buch this week for the zone conference, we didn't have a whole lot of time the rest of the week for tons of other stuff. We didn't get any lessons this past week, but we did have two investigators at church!! That's a record!! So one of the investigators is named Elena. Now I don't know if I wrote about her before, but earlier when I was with Elder Davis we went and helped her set up Skype and Facebook and do computer stuff for her . . . anywho so we helped her with that and then recently Elder Hokkanen and I have been trying to teach her the missionary lessons. We don't really cover a whole lot of info because Elena talks A LOT!!!! But we did manage to give her a book of Mormon and asked her to read it. But this past time that we were at her house she had one of her friends over and so we gave her friend a book and invited both of them to come to church. They both came!! It's funny though, cause they sat in the back of the room and then told us afterwards that they couldn't really hear the people who were speaking very well. But yeah we are going to go over and meet with them again sometime this week and try teaching them more!
Okay momma, usually the approaches I do are just hand people a pass a long card right of the bat and then tell them about whatever is on the card. And to be honest, I don't really like talking to younger people. Especially when they are in groups. The only way I really talk to younger people is if I'm telling about our English classes that we have.
...I think the Halloween party sounds pretty good too!! I'm going to have to be something really awesome when I get home for Halloween!! Maybe I will be a vampire!! Mostly because I realized this week that I'm totally living in the land of the vampires. Romania is where Dracula is from!! Which means he totally spoke Romanian!! So yeah . . . I speak the language of vampires!! ...The land of Odd? Hmm I think I have been there before. I think Jesse is there but not dogs. They celebrate Halloween but not Christmas. They have cheeseburgers but not hamburgers. There are kittens but not cats. The moon is there but not the sun. Something like that! 
Well I love you all so so much!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment