Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday, February 10, 2014
Dear Family!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE OLYMPICS ARE GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love watching the olympics and I can't do anything about it!! ha ha actually I remember vividly when it was the summer olympics right before I left for the mission. I was bummed that I knew I would miss these winter olympics... geez I can't believe that the olympics have already come! You all will have to keep me updated on whatever happens! 

This week seemed to just zoom by really fast! This week we spent a lot of time searching for a new apartment. We are getting a companionship of sisters this next transfer and so we have to find a place for them to live! We have been looking a lot online and visiting different areas around the city looking for an apartment. After quite some time, we were able to find one. It was really different because I'm not used to using romanian vocabulary when it comes to apartments. It was fun though! 

Okay... yes I have had an opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting here in Galati. On the second or third sunday since being here I was asked by the branch President (Elder Rose) to speak a little bit. Nothing too bad. We switch off teaching sunday school. Elder Van Dyke and I taught two weeks ago so we will be teaching again here pretty soon. We are about a 5-10 minute walk away from the church. Things are going great with Elder Van Dyke and I. We get along really well. Actually our whole district gets along really well... which is always nice. 

I don't really remember if they celebrated valentines day last year when I was here in the country. If I remember right, romanians acknowledge that it is valentines... but I don't think they go all out and buy candy and flowers and stuff like that. Plus it's not like it makes a difference seeing as how I'm a missionary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment