Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday, April 15, 2013

Yeah I bought a T-shirt that has some suspenders on it! (easter picture below)  And if I don't like the suspenders then I can just button them off and have a nice gray shirt. I can't believe that Mothers day is right around the corner!!! WAAHOO!!!! I can't wait to skype with you guys again! I'm probably going to be staying in Craiova for a little while. Elder Davis has already been here for like 3 transfers so I'm thinking he is going to leave this next transfer. So I will probably be staying for a couple. Elder Knapp is actually a zone leader in a city called Ploiest. In fact, we have a zone training meeting and our zone is meeting up with Elder Knapp's zone so I'm going to see him this week! 
Well when I read, I usually read in English because when I read in Romanian I focus too much on trying to understand meaning of words than trying to hear what the Spirit is trying to tell me. So if it's personal study then I read in English! Hopefully someday I will be able to read in Romanian and not worry about words so that I can just focus on the Spirit. Cause without the Spirit, reading scriptures is just a long book of nothingness!!
So there was a pretty cool story that happened. So whenever we want to go to the church we have to walk past this Orthodox church. So after we had church on sunday, we were walking back to our apartment and walked past a couple of guys who were standing outside this Orthodox church. So they started talking to us for a second and one of the guys basically started saying that the orthodox church is the only true church and our church is a sect that is not true. Then he noticed the Book of Mormon in my hand and asked what it was. So I said it was the Book of Mormon and then he told me that I should just go throw the book into a fire and burn it because it "isn't a true book". Yeah that got my blood pumping a little bit. So I just told him that the Book of Mormon is true and testified about it. Then the guy just tried telling us that we need to buy a bible that is "the only true book". So we just basically left him, but it felt good to just stand up for what we believe in!! And during the whole thing, we somehow got to walk into their orthodox church and talk to a priest for a couple of minutes!! The priest was actually pretty nice to us!! Just that one guy decided to just ridicule us for quite a while......
Well that seems to be it for me!!! Trust in God!! I love you all SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment