Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday, May 27, 2013
Hello Family!!
I'm really glad to hear that everyone had fun on their trips!! Things are pretty crazy here now that it is just Elder Hokkanen and I. Now we have even less people coming to church than usual! which I didn't think was possible!!! ha ha jk jk actually church was pretty good this week. Elder Hokkanen gave a talk in church. It was actually a pretty decent talk considering that he is only in his first transfer! He speaks really really well in Romanian!!! Then we had Sunday School. Since we have such a small branch we only have 2 hours of church. The regular sacrament meeting and sunday school. And Sora Spooner teaches the sunday school class . . . so since she doesn't know Romanian I have to translate for her. It's actually really really REALLY difficult to translate for other people. Especially when going from English to Romanian. And especially when people just start saying like 5 sentences before letting me translate so that I have to remember everything that they have said and then translate it. It's pretty difficult, but I think it really is helping out my language skills. It's really good practice and it gets my brain going. It's just kinda weird to think that 9 months ago I couldn't say ANYTHING in Romanian and now I'm translating for other people. It's kinda cool to think about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment