Thursday, October 4, 2012


October 4, 2012

Okay so this week we get our new Romanian missionaries and it is a pretty crazy situation. There are only two missionaries coming in who are going to Romania. Both of them are foreign missionaries. There is a sister coming from England and an Elder who is from . . . Italy!! Yeah and the Italian Elder only speaks Italian so it's going to be pretty difficult for him to learn Romanian!! I'm way excited though! 

So on Sundays there are movies that play after we have a devotional and usually they are just different talks for us to listen to from past conferences, but sometimes it's an actual movie. The one that was playing last Sunday is called The Testaments: of one fold and one shepherd (or something like that). You should definitely buy this movie!!! It's actually really good! It's about the people in Americas waiting for Jesus to come to the Americas (and of course the movie ends with Jesus coming) but it is actually a pretty good movie! It's got some pretty quotable lines that our district loves to quote. 
I'm excited that I only have a couple of weeks left! I think next week we are going to get our travel plans so that I can know where I'm going to stop for layovers and such as I travel to Romania! The last district who left to Romania had a layover all the way in Amsterdam! I wonder where I will get to end up :) but basically I'm so so so excited for the day where I'm going to be at the airport!! I'm going to get an actual meal!!!! I'm so excited to get a real Diet Coke (not this caffeine free crap that's here in the MTC) . . . also I heard that the church came out and said that caffeine isn't against the Word of Wisdom. Apparently tons and tons of BYU students are trying to get caffeine drinks on campus. I would totally join them in trying to get real drinks!!!! ha ha :)

I'm super excited for General Conference!!! (partially for getting out of class all day Saturday!!!) Plus I just want to hear from the Prophet and Apostles!! It's going to be an amazing conference for sure!!

Romanian is still super hard!! Sometimes it can be really frustrating. Actually the only frustrating thing is that there will be times when I want to say a certain thing like in lessons but I just don't have the vocab in my head to say it. Plus it's hard as far as sentence structure goes. Basically I have to think like Yoda. Like if I wanted to say "I love you" it would be "te iubesc" . . . which literally translates to "you I love". Basically I have to change how I structure my sentences for Romanians to understand me!! That's going to be super hard. But I really love learning new things about the language and the people! I'm super excited to go and live in Romania!! Apparently they had the worst winter last year. It's gonna suck having to live in a place that actually has a winter. But!!! I get to wear one of those awesome Russian fur hats so that kind of makes it better :) In class the other day we practiced talking to random people on like a tram and I have realized that I am gonna need to learn how to start up conversations!! I'm not one to be a small talker and that's basically what I'm going to have to do! It's gonna be fun though! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment